HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!!!
Have a really sweet day and spread love everywhere you go!
And now I’ve finally co-hosted my first Poshmark Party!
Click here to see my 100 posted Host Picks I posted!
Co-hosting was a great experience. I discovered some really amazing closets and even more amazing people in the Poshmark Community.
The Party is 2 hours long and time flies by. You have to be organized if you want to post all your picks so I am very happy that I took the time to have a party-plan.
Fifty to one-hundred Host Picks are allowed. I would aim to post all one-hundred because there are thousands of amazing closets and items out there that should be showcased.
From reading various blogs and going through the process myself, I’ve collected my best tips so when you host, it will be a smashing success!!!
BEFORE THE PARTY
- Clean up your closet – it will be highly visible
- Best items near the top
- Make a party listing with fun photos
- Have it showcase the theme of the party and when it will be
- This builds excitement and is a place for Poshers to comment, like & share
- Use other social media platforms to promote (Insta/Blogs/Twitter/FB/Snap etc)
- Find ~ 70-80% of your party picks before the day of the party
- How you find them is up to you – PFFs, requests, your own searches for items you like that would best fit the theme of the party
- Check that your picks come from Posh Compliant closets – time consuming, but important
- Organize your potential party picks on a hidden Pinterest boards
- Make boards called ‘Possible HPs’, ‘Definite HPs’, ‘Backup HPs
- You will need Backup HPs – I guarantee – listings you have chosen do sell, become unavailable, or the user might suddenly start selling perfume (a banned item)
- Make another hidden Pinterest board called ‘Posted HPs’ for during the party
DURING THE PARTY
- Use at least 2 devices – e.g. computer and phone
- I used my laptop to view the party room and pin my picks to my ‘Posted HPs’ Pinterest board
- I used my phone to comment & share items to the party
- Watch the clock!
- If you want to post 100 picks, you have to aim for 25 posts per half hour.
- Organize your breaks accordingly
- This time will go by quickly – you will want to look at the Host Pick board, look at comments people are writing you, check last minute things about your picks – so allow for this in your time management plan
- Keep track of what you post to the party by pinning to to a ‘Posted HPs’ Pinterest board
- Write a note under comments for each item you pick before you post it so the owner of the item knows that it is you who made the Host Pick
- Pre-write the note, copy it, and paste it for each pick to save time
- Share the item to the party right after you drop the comment/note
- You will have time after the party to write personal comments to people if you like, but time is tight during the party
- Decide if you want to make some spontaneous Host Picks during the party itself
- You will get hundreds of notifications and comments from people suggesting their closets or items
- If you are organized enough, it is fun to consider some of these for last minute picks – makes it very exciting for the active Poshmark users following the party feed!
- Think about the order in which you post items to the party
- What is posted later shows up first in the Host Pick gallery
- Post your favorite items and your own items if you choose near the end of the party for visibility
- Yes, you are allowed to post 5-10 of your own items and it is encouraged that you do so – especially if you need the exposure!
AFTER THE PARTY
- Thank everyone, respond to notes, bookmark new closets you have discovered, relax!
I hope this is helpful!
TONIGHT – Friday, February 9th, 2018 – DATE NIGHT PARTY – 7PM PST
I’ll be co-hosting this awesome Poshmark Party & have most of my Host Picks carefully chosen. During the party, I will be picking some more. It is too bad we are all limited by 100 picks because there are seriously THOUSANDS of amazing closets and items out there.
SEE Y’ALL TONIGHT!!!
Super excited to be co-hosting my first ever Poshmark Party tomorrow, Friday Feb 9th at 7pm PST! I see the party promo page is already up in the Poshmark app. You can check out my closet here!
Over the last few days, I have been carefully selecting a curated list of Poshmark items that fit the theme of ‘Date Night Party.’ It has been a lot of fun. There are some really beautiful closets out there filled with amazing finds.
I have started a list of my favorite closets and I will soon put together a post sharing these. There are so many Poshmark users and I am sure that I have only seen a very small number of the gems waiting to be found.
Now this is a shoe! I would wear this with my Valentine’s Day costume for sure!
This is my dream V-Day look for 2018!
Soft, pink, flowers, some diamonds & a Gucci bag.
This awesome Sundry tee is on sale in my Poshmark Closet.
In less than a week I’ll be co-hosting my first Poshmark Party.
There are so many great closets out there to look through to find Host Picks!
“DATE NIGHT PARTY”!!!
Looking forward to getting this party started! Seven more days!
Friday, February 9th at 7pm PST – mark it in your calendar!
You can check out my Poshmark Closet here.
I like ‘window shopping’ on the web and have collected my likes in my Pinterest Lust List. It is a great way to bookmark cute things.
It is interesting to scroll through the Lust List and get a sense of my own taste. So far, I’ve concluded that I have quite a diverse style! From military-inspired to girly girl & everything from elegant to even gothic.
It has been a style self-discovery.
I encourage all of you to do this!
Coming soon – something happy, sunny and uplifting to cheer you up this winter! I’ll be listing this beauty later today. Check out my Poshmark Closet for fun and happy clothes to make your day a little brighter!